Fossils help kids to understand the world that once existed. This create a fossil guide will help kids understand how fossils are formed and its importance in studying extinct animals like dinosaurs.
Dinosaur fossils are fun and easy to make. Plus, it is a great avenue to learn Jurassic period and this can also be used in games and role plays.
What you will need:
- Plain Flour
- Food dye (Brown) or you can use brown paint if food dye isn’t available
- Dinosaur Figurines
- Mix salt, flour and colored water to form a dough mixture. Make sure to bench and knead so that all ingredients will be mixed and will form a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into smaller ones. The size will depend on your preference.
- Press the dinosaur figurines into the dough gently.
- Place the dough into the baking tray with baking paper under.
- Place it in a sunny dry space for hours or days and wait until it dries completely. The fossils can be placed in the oven with low heat or air dried for faster drying.
- Once the dough hardens and dries out, the color will be of light brown.
- Paint the imprints of dinosaur with brown paint to details on the dinosaur’s imprints.